Local guide and ex-pro rally car racer, Sandro Pombal, provides an exhilarating 4×4 adventure like no other. Visit the huge Bravura dam, and the beautiful area known as Caldas de Monchique with its natural springs and fountains.
This tour is specially designed for anyone who wants to discover an alternative side to the Algarve. Many people only know the Algarve for its beaches and seaside resorts!! Although the beaches are truly magnificent, you would be wrong to think that this is all the Algarve has to offer. In this tour, we will introduce you to some of the Algarve’s most spectacular and most hidden rural attractions, which are generally overlooked by most tourists visiting the region.
Due to our adventurous nature, the majority of this tour will take place off-road, on very secret trails.
On this trip you will learn a lot about the unique local fauna and flora, much of which are exclusive to this region.
A large part of this route is inaccessible for normal vehicles.
This programme includes:
– A visit to the charming medieval town of Silves
– Off-road jeep trail, going from the mountain valley to Monchique village. This route follows one of the most beautiful trails, surrounded by wildlife that is very characteristic of the Algarvean mountain range.
– A visit to Monchique village.
– Stop-off for lunch at a local restaurant which serves typical dishes from Monchique.
– A visit to the peak of the mountain.
– A staggering view of the Algarve from 902 metres altitude, that will blow you away! On a clear day you will be astonished at how much landscape you can see.
– Descent along an off-road, secret trail, to the Bravura Lake.
– Off-road trip to a top secret spot where you will be able to enjoy stunningly beautiful views over the lake. If weather conditions permit, bring your bikini or swimming trunks and take a refreshing dip in the lake.
Duration: +/- 7 hours
Pick-up – 9.30am
Drop-off – 5pm
Price per person (including lunch) – 75€
Children up to 12 years old – 45€
These prices include pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, (for all hotels between Lagos and Sagres).